[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:50:31 -0600

Apology accepted. I'm glad you are understanding of my psychological makeup and my needs. I too am understanding. Understanding of your need to impugn someone's character and suggest they are mentally ill instead of realizing you made a mistake. And understanding of your penchant for illogical arguments, self-excluded misanthropy and retreat into the vagaries of armchair psychotherapy.

Happy New Year.

On Dec 29, 2006, at 5:28 PM, Andy Amago wrote:

I went back and relistened to the interview. You're right, he doesn't mention Iran except once in the passage you quoted. I must have confused him with Odom or someone else. Apologies. However, I was more struck this time with the extent to which he emphasizes the need for political solutions above all things in solving this problem and attaining peace, the winning of hearts and minds, with the military virtually on the sidelines. I can see why you needed to deflect attention on to Clinton, because Boot is scathing in his attack on the administration for what they did in this war and to us in this war.