[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:02:50 -0800

From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>

You forgot that [Saddam Hussein]
was shooting at our planes almost daily.

Hardly. I'll pay a nickel for every instance of this anyone can come
up with. We were no doubt rocketing Iraqi radar sites regularly. But
it's a long way from lighting up a radar to getting a missile into the
air.

Robert,

You owe me a nickel.

Just before Bush started his war, he tried to provoke Saddam into shooting first, so Bush sent US airplanes to fly real low and slow, hoping that Saddam would shoot and Bush could then say the USA had been attacked.

Of course, the US had to stop using anti-missile missiles and let Iraq start up
the radars.

So... Iraq may have fired at a US airplane once or twice, but the bullet holes were probably put there by a CIA officer, and the whole thing was provocation to create a fake justification for a war anyway, so... I'll settle for an Iraqi dinar, which is about all that threat to the USA was worth.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com