[lit-ideas] Re: Masterly (or Personly) Outcomes

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:21:30 EST

"Fag" used to be a cigarette here, a few decades ago.  That was
post-Dickensian etc. use of faggots for bundles of branches.  My children  have
finally
stopped giggling when I read a book aloud and "Jodie was gay that  day".  Now I
wonder how long it will be before they giggle at "lame".   "Sweet" seems
already on its way out to the old generation (anyone over  18).

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Masterly (or
Personly) Outcomes  Date: 2/17/2007 5:30:18 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Over here 'fag' is a slang word for cigarette.  I once got an extremely odd
expression from an American when I told him I was  'heading out for a fag'.

Thankfully, I don't smoke  anymore.