[lit-ideas] Re: Masterly (or Personly) Outcomes

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:12:57 -0800

Which of course gives the use by an American in Britain of "yes, I'm  looking
for a fanny pack for sale" a whole new meaning.

Much international ribaldry on the Terrier lists about fanny packs, many years ago.
-----

SCENE: Seminar room in Goldwin Smith Hall, at Cornell, ca. 1961.

VISITING FEMALE PROFESSOR FROM OXFORD (introducing an example): 'Suppose someone comes around and knocks me up some morning...'

ASSEMBLED STUDENTS (exchanging looks): '..........'

Robert Paul
(native speaker)
reed.edu