[lit-ideas] Re: Malt, Coffee & Chuck Taylor

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:51:40 -0230

What can I say? I'm originally a street kid from Montreal. Learnt phronesis in
the alleys of Outremont.

"Tennis is difficult." A statement that is both true and false? Or: "True to
some extent"? (Gimme a break. Truth, along with logical validity, is like
pregnancy: no such thing as being "just a little bit pregnant.") Where are the
Aristotelian philosophers when you need them?

Walter C. Okshevsky
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Rationality
European Court of Human Epistemology
Brussels