[lit-ideas] Machinery in motion.

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:00:24 -0600

Listening to the News Hour tonight I learned that apparently the government of
Venezuela now refers to the United States as "the Empire".  Ha!  I love it.  I
wish Chavez success in his goal of socializing Venezuela and the world, but I'm
afraid he's just another lamb among wolves.  "Remember Allende," I keep
emailing him, "Remember Allende, be careful, be cunning, because murder means
nothing to money."  It's probably already too late.  I'm sure the machinery is
in motion.

Gist:  plutocracy still rules.

Mike Geary
Memphis