[lit-ideas] Re: META: Apology from C. Bruce expected by J. L. Speranza

  • From: karltrogge@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:10:06 +0200

On 14-Jul-09, at 5:26 PM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

"K. Trogge" (i.e. C. Bruce) insulted me TWICE:

-- He said that I don't know the FIRST thing about Kant.

I will give you 24 hours (starting NOW) to either quote the post where I said that (at which point I will fulsomely apologize) or retract that comment.

-- he actually insulted me by suggesting that I check with what Kant Wrote IN GERMAN (online, he adds --
     as if Kant was in a match-maker website or  something).

Just a few days a friend expressed to me serious doubts sometimes about the value of the Internet. I responded, *Perhaps, but the Akadamieausgabe of Kant's work is available online." He took my point immediately.

If you find it an insulting when someone takes the time to make a worthwhile suggestion to you (it WAS, after all, in response to a query of yours about Kant terminology in German) by informing you of a valuable resource ... well, really, JL ....

(The rest of you may wish to note that those ellipses are not a case of me 'biting my tongue' - I REALLY am in what is for me one of the rarest of states: at a loss for words!)

Chris Bruce
Hamburg