[lit-ideas] Re: Lusitania Conspiracy Theory

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 16:46:58 -0700

May 7th 1915 is when the Lusitania was sunk.  Preston's book was published
5/1/02 and gave the CSPAN interview 5/10/02.  It was repeated today 5/6/06 -
not quite on the anniversary but close enough.  I would guess that a number
of people saw today's program and ordered the book.  That could credibly
account for the increase in ranking.   I can't think of anything else that
could do it.  I have in the past ordered books while watching an interesting
CSPAN interview.

Lawrence