[lit-ideas] Re: Literature as a reflection of life

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 01:14:31 -0400

A propagandist for whom?  The book was Johnny Got His Gun, not your gun.  I'm
assuming you think if we had a real life Dirty Harry those bad guys would run.
 I would be curious if even cops take Dirty Harry seriously, like all the TV
doctor and lawyer shows that have nothing at all to do with reality.   Why is
there no real life Dirty Harry?  If we're going to quote pro war literature,
then we also need to quote anti war literature, unless we aren't in the habit
of looking at the all the information.