[lit-ideas] Re: Lit-Ideas: A Survey

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:00:08 -0600

Add:

Ed Farrell. Somewhere out west. You know, that guy we forgot who can't forget a name -- an ancient Greek curse, I'm told, somewhat similar to the bot fly.

Thanks, Ed. I'd forgotten all those people except Jeanette Poulton whose name I was trying in vain to recall. Pierre LeFleur, he was working on a dissertation about .... (some Greek or Roman guy's irony???) Every post he would mention it.

Add:

Veronica Calley. Milford, MI. Forgetting her is like forgetting Mother's Day. Teacher of the Humanities to humans even though she prefers Shelties, which is why she has only 1 husband but 2 Shelties.

And thanks to Paul Stone for the walk down memory lane. Especially for the recall of Josey Wells -- I remember debates on list whether he was for real or an imposteur. I wrote him off-list once asking straight out: "Who the hell are you?" He wrote back: "I'm just like you. A self-important blowhard." OK, then, I thought, welcome to the club.

Now then. Has anyone ever been so disliked that they were called a "shit-head" and whose presence was so distasteful that the same long time list member quit the list rather than suffer your presence? Has anyone been called "an alleged child-abuser"? Has anyone been the only one thrown off a list? The answer is Yes. Someone has. C'est moi. T'is I, I humbly reply.

Thanks to all, even Steve Schroer. You have all been important in my enjoyment of my life. Carry on.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Farrell" <ewf@xxxxxxxxxxx>