[lit-ideas] Re: Lit-Ideas: A Survey

I, on the other hand, chose Canada deliberately. Born in a little town outside of Salzburg, with German and Transylvanian parentage, I was whisked away (as a DP) to Chicago. All my changes were there. Opposition toVietnam drew my husaband and me to Toronto, where we lived for several years before he got a job teaching psychology at a small university on the banks of Lake Nipissing. I stayed home to raise my kids, returned to school and everntually started teaching at Nipissing as well. I'm semi-retired, but have mostly taught intro phil and contemporary moral issues and straight thinking and argument -- as well as a classics course that covers the beginning of everything (before the Greeks and Romans) with a dabble here and there in Canadian history, freshman compostition, and business English (anything to put food on the table...). North Bay has been good to us. Canada has been good to us. I wouldn't change a thing except.....

Ursula
in North Bay

cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

On 2-Mar-09, at 2:22 PM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

BRUCE, Chris. He was born in the USA, but now lives in Kiel, Deutschland. He has written extensively on things.

Actually I was born in (the capital city of) one of the other North American countries. ( I originally added the comment 'not Mexico', thinking that would narrow it down considerably; but I see that Wikipedia lists the number of North American countries as '27').

I grew up playing hockey on rinks made in the backyard by flooding the garden, remember doing a grade school project on Bliss Carman and can still recite verses from a folk song including the lines 'land of the silver birch, home of the beaver'. (*Those* facts should narrow down the possibilities.)

Chris Bruce
in Kiel, Germany