[lit-ideas] Re: Link to "Mohammed" cartoons

  • From: dsavory@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:53:03 -0800

>  If you're curious about the cartoons that are causing world-wide riots by
> Muslims, click this link below. They're surprisingly mild.

Way to completely miss the point Stan. If you knew anything about Islam you'd
know you don't draw pictures of Muhammad. Period.

Here's an additional newsflash: we can't dance around yelling "nigger!
nigger!" at African Americans either.

You can justify boorish behaviour by guffawing "Fuck ya if ya can't take a
joke" or by appealing to your right to "freedom of expression" but the fact
is, if you're too clueless or lazy to understand why someone might have taken
offence to what you're saying, you're really just asking for a punch in the
mouth.

I suggest we hold off getting all sniffy about thin-skinned Muslims are until
each of us has actually spoken to one...

David Savory
Vancouver