[lit-ideas] Re: Life leads to death

> So, we judge retrospectively, but we do not call the dead
> happy; we say that their lives were or were not happy, and
> as Wittgenstein says, death is not an event in life; we do
> not live to experience death.

Maybe. But this is an interestg view of W's apercu: I had his thought was more
general: for one, we do live to experience death (not it's after-affects,
obv.). He didn't say "Being dead is not an event in life". He was talking about
the metapys. of experience and what can or cannot be said about them.