[lit-ideas] Re: Lee Harvey Oswald & the Liberal Crack-Up

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 13:32:03 -0700

You aren't taken responsibility for your poor argument.  You switch to
something different - a spin.

But your spin is also untrue (I'll skip the illogicality of it since logic
is obviously not one of your interests):

1)       Pollack discussed the pros and cons of invading Iraq in great
detail.  His knowledge can be said to be the knowledge available to the Bush
administration inasmuch as he was in the intelligence community until Bush
took office and knew what those knew who advised Bush.  Since you haven't
read Pollack, you can't know that the cons he discussed didn't come true.

2)       Your perception of the situation in Iraq is faulty.  We are now
facing the insurgents made up of Sunni's who supported Saddam's regime and
Islamists who realize that a success in Iraq would cause their cause
tremendous harm.  As the Iraqi government comes into being and as the Iraqi
security forces become more competent they will be able to deal with their
own insurgents.

3)       Your statement about ignoring the consequences of invading Iran is
false.  I have indeed posted the downside of invading Iran.  Eric and I
posted several things and discussed them.  I suspect you don't read long
articles, Irene; else you would know this.

4)       Your statement that I just want war because I want a war is, well,
the sort of personal attack that the inarticulate seem to find irresistible
after a failed argument.

Lawrence

  _____