[lit-ideas] Re: Laugh Tracks

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:50:47 +0200

On 25-Aug-08, at 4:47 AM, Robert Paul wrote:

If Chris Bruce or Professor Henninge would like to correct my guesses about German words, that would be welcome. I'm trying to find the first reference (or some very early references) to 'Kristallnacht.'

The most complete treatment of the term 'Kristallnacht' (together with other terminology contemporary to the events) that I have come across is here:

http://www.ashkenazhouse.org/kndefger.htm

The site does have an English version, but there, unfortunately, there the information on the term 'Kristallnacht' is not a translation of the German page and is far less complete.

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany