[lit-ideas] Latin help please

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:34:51 -0800

My daughter has come across something while reading around Juvenal, a fear among Romans that octopi might emerge from sewers and eat one's pickled fish. "anecdote given: an octopus would swim up the drain into a house every night to eat the pickled fish stored there by the Iberian merchants."

I thought this might make a good t shirt, but I have no idea how to render, "may an octopus swim up your drainpipe and eat your pickled fish" in Latin. Anyone available to try?

David Ritchie,
really doing something else in
Portland, Oregon