[lit-ideas] Re: Language, Justice and Social Practices (long)

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:17:49 -0400

I am still interested in hearing Robert's response to the question I
raised earlier.

I had written:

"Without names there would be no way of identifying a mistake since any
move might or might not be a way this piece moves."

Robert asserted that this is simply false.

I gave the following example:

A move is made on the chess board.

My question: Given that Robert does not require a name, is there
anything apart from names needed for Robert to know whether the move was
proper.  If so, what?

Genuinely Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON