[lit-ideas] Re: Language, Justice and Social Practices (long)

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:43:12 -0400

Eric wrote:

"I cannot understand why "pawn" in chess does not refer to the concept
that gives "pawn" meaning with respect to chess."

It does.  I am objecting to a philosophical disease whereby one takes
the concept 'pawn' to be something independent of how one uses a pawn in
chess.  Eric may not have this disease and I may have been reading more
into Eric's comments than was there.  If so, I apologize for going on
and causing confusion.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON