[lit-ideas] Re: Katrina

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:42:03 -0400

I bet the drains
> in New Orleans are like that (old, old-fashioned).

There was water to the rooftops.  How does a toilet work when there's water
to the rooftops?

> PS>  The survivors are
> PS> living in squalor after only 5 days. Doesn't this teach us a lesson
about
> PS> how close we are teetering on anarchy? What is appalling is how
helpless
> PS> people are really. Left to their own devices, most people can't think
their
> PS> way out of a paper bag. Nobody took control? Of course not, they were
> PS> waiting for the government to. Unfortunately, the teet was dry.
>
> I agree someone should have taken control.

Like duh.  By someone you think the DHS maybe?  The Department of Homeland
Security?  I hear the people this the people that but NOBODY is beating on
the DHS when they had DAYS to prepare and then they waited days more to do
anything.  It's the victims' own fault.  WHY DOES NOBODY CARE THAT HOMELAND
SECURITY SAT BACK AND WATCHED THE WORSE DISASTER IN U.S. HISTORY UNFOLD
BEFORE THEIR VERY EYES AND NOT LIFT A FINGER?

Andy Amago

It seems the army man there