[lit-ideas] Re: Joining the Dots

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:55:26 -0700

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:29 AM, Simon Ward wrote:

Enough then.

Simon

I misunderstood your ref.

A world in which Norway and Belgium and Israel have cricket teams can confuse a person. I've just run across a description of men's European Cricket on Wikipedia. The women's game seems to have disappeared in 2007. Was everyone tired of the lopsided results?

I recommend to anyone Wikipedia's page on the history of women's cricket. A suggestion: guess when the earliest match was and *then* look it up.

David Ritchie,
hurrying to draft a novel about the eleven maids of Bramley,
Portland, Oregon