[lit-ideas] Re: It's a livin'

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:06:48 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: david ritchie
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 9/17/2005 1:20:23 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: It's a livin'

On Sep 17, 2005, at 9:07 AM, Andy Amago wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4242936.stm

Thank you for this follow up to John McCreery's post and to my earlier one.

A.A.  Don't know how I did it but I missed both posts.

I imagined a service. John told me that the Japanese already have such a thing
and now you show me that the Indians have already done it also.  In a global
economy, surely this is surely a good sign--for once we can copy something that
has already been test marketed.

A.A.  I don't think Indians at American weddings would be a big hit.

Thus today I am putting you all up for rent.  For a small fee and the price of
a plane ticket each, the entire list will agree to attend anybody's wedding and
act like learned friends of the bride or groom.  But what to call ourselves?
Rent-an-opinionated-git doesn't seem quite right.

A.A. Rent-an-insult might be a better fit.

Andy Amago

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon