[lit-ideas] Re: It's Botox for you, dear bridesmaids - International Herald Tribune

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 23:34:07 -0700

On Aug 1, 2008, at 9:20 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

DR (quoting): "This masterpiece is hand painted by a real artist..."

I ask you, is there such a thing as a REAL artist? My son pretends to be, but I know him too well, he's just another me, but he paints good.

Real artists are the ones who show up on wet-mounted slides, or statistically significant lab tests. Unreal ones are more like rumors. I trust this clears things up.

David Ritchie,
I/C Polar Exploration,
Portland, Oregon