[lit-ideas] Re: Is it any wonder...

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:57:52 -0700

Right, but she really was raped and she has to go through a court trial
trying to prove it.  The lawyers of her rapist put her on trial.  It's
happened time and time again.  Fortunately she is always vindicated because
when you look at her history you see she has no motive.  The few who fit
your scenario don't take it to trial.

I'm trying to help some mad people see their madness (which may be mad in
itself).  What motive, even if he had the means which he didn't, would a
president have for getting 19 educated Middle easterners to steal three
airplanes and fly them into the Pentagon, the White House, and the Twin
Towers?  And how stupid would someone in America have to be to think he
could get away with anything, let alone anything like that. (And lest you
say Bush was stupid, remember he had a higher GPA than Al Gore.)

We are supposed to be free, but you can't open a door in Washington without
bumping into a reporter.  Do you think Bush never heard of Richard Nixon?
Did he never hear of the Iran/Contra business?   Also, we don't have people
so dedicated that they are willing to keep secrets; so unless Bush did it
all by himself, he could expect someone some day to eventually spill the
beans. What would he want so much he would be willing to do that?  Who could
he get to organize that?  Not the CIA, that leaky bunch of fellows
sympathetic to outgoing Bill Clinton.  Well, maybe he didn't know they were
leaky back then, but they are leaky now.  Why isn't someone spilling the
beans?  It is too absurd by far - unless you are addicted to conspiracies.

Don't forget, you can make up a plausible story about anything.  It can be a
lie out of whole cloth but if it accounts for all the events, it can be said
to be plausible.  That is what Middle Easterners do.  Israel bombed us on
9/11.  The CIA did it.  Etc etc.  Get over it.  Osama bin Laden did it just
like he said he did.  Read about the Islamists.  Bombing is what they do?
Read about Blind Omar bombing those same towers in 1993.  Why wouldn't they
try it again?  Why wouldn't the same group do it again?  Why would someone
else want to do it and blame them for something they spend all their time
actually doing?

It is all too absurd to even consider.  Imagine minds that spend a lot of
time crediting such junk, and you'll imagine Middle Easterners or their
Leftist allies.  Read The Hidden Hand, Middle East Fears of Conspiracy by
Daniel Pipes.  It was hard getting all the way through that book - one mad
theory after another.  I did, but I promised not to do it again.  Well, here
I am someone might say, doing it again.  Ah that's what you think.  I'm not
inhaling.

Lawrence