[lit-ideas] Re: Is Huntington right?

Eric: ...The Norman-English

ruler William the Conqueror invaded Wales in 1093 and killed a whole bunch of people. The Normans never apologized for conquering Wales. Even today, the English never apologize for having subdued Wales. English people. English people living today. They never apologize. Not even once.

Look Eric, I'm sorry. Really sorry. I know I wasn't around in 1093, but I'm still really really sorry.

I like the Welsh, honestly I do. I've been there on holiday twice.

And I'm also sorry that the Anglo Saxons conquered Britain.

Especially sorry for that.

Apologetically,

Simon
(An Englishman)