[lit-ideas] Re: Irene/Andy's scenario and a challenge back to her

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:45:47 -0500

I didn't feel I was being abused.  I said you were being abusive.  What was the
lonely, wrong side of the bed about?  What did it have to do with the
discussion?  The rest of this is too long to plow through.  Obviously, if you
could answer the question you would have.

For John, the only difference in the "X" (being adult or child as the topic
under discussion) is one of degree.  It's much worse for the child because the
adult can say, he's a jerk.  The child will say, I'm a jerk, that's why they're
hitting me.  Plus the child HAS to "love" the hitter, because the hitter is his
lifeline.  That's why he'll take the blame.  If the world (his hitter) is
crazy, the child is really dead (it's how children think; they're egocentric to
the nth degree).  It's a matter of survival.  Verbal abuse (you're stupid,
lazy, etc.) works the same way.  In some ways it's even worse.