[lit-ideas] Re: Irandy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:12:23 -0500

---- Original Message -----
From: Mike Geary
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 12/8/2005 10:17:24 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Irandy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

Whoa!  Irene Cassidy is THE "close the borders! hurry, hurry, the Mexicans are
coming, the Mexicans are coming, close the borders!" Amago?!   Holy Manoly!  I
always thought there was something a little strange about Andy,

Irene:  Okay, well, he was a little, well, uh ...

but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Welcome back, Irene!  Or should I
call you Irandy since you're persisting in going by your alter ego.

Irene:  Working on it.

I've wondered about you many times over the past year -- as I've wondered about
many listers of old (at first I wrote old listers, but now that I know you're a
woman, I dast not say that : ) )  I, too, found Stone's apology interesting.
Interesting, too, that I felt no compunctions about anything I said to Andy,

Irene:  That's why he was so much fun.

some that I likely would have tempered had I known Andy was of the female
persuasion -- sexism?  Of course, but mostly of the Southern persuasion,
wherein we gallants (French pronunciation) go out of our way to protect females
from knowing of our lustful motives until we've got them alone and it's too
late for them to cry out.  Ah, but I have more grievous sins than that to fret
over.  And never you mind what they are.

Irene:  If you're not hurting anybody (including yourself), then there are no
grievous sins in my opinion.

Well, I'm glad you're back, Irene, I always enjoyed your posts and your
perspectives on life.  Andy has proven less shy than you.  I wondered what job
the sonofabitch had that he could watch the History channel all day and post
all night.  Now I know!

Irene:  I don't watch the History Channel all day long.  Hardly watch
television at all.  I work, just not full time anymore.  For a while there I
was training to be a medical interpreter in Russian.  I perfected the language
to where I could probably pass for a native if the conversation isn't too
technical, but interpreting scares me to death.  We're talking about an entire
language.  What if I'm asked for God knows what and I can't do it?  Except for
the reading and the movie watching that I do in Russian, I don't use Russian at
all, ever.  So, it's kind of too bad, but it's a terrific hobby, I'm crazy
about it.  I also think it's a beautiful language.  It just sounds so, what's
the word, beautiful.  The book on Hitler and Stalin that Andy was reading is
really being read by my husband.  It's yo thick, like 3 inches (terrific
though), and he's reading Sebag Montefiore's book (too depressing for me) at
the same time.  I've read only select portions of it.  I have learned to
  love history though, except for the never ending violence of it.

For Erin, I guess Jewish is the syntax that Jewish mothers are stereotyped
into, or stereotype themselves into.  I don't watch Seinfeld, never
particularly liked him, but I can't say that I hear Jewish in what I have
watched.

Talk to you later.

Irene

My apologies to Walter O. for leaving him out of the list of hated philosophers.

My begrudging congratulations to Eric Yost.  If you find yourself on a list of
hated writers by me, take it as a great compliment.

Where is John McCreery?  Or should I ask who's been posting as him all these
years?

Where is Jaime Ferguson?  Was that really Robert Paul?  Enquiring minds want to
know.

And yes, I am Erin's manservant.  So what?  I prefer the term Footman, but it's
all the same.  I have the key to the wine cellar.  That's all that matters.

Must get back to work.

Mike Geary
or maybe ----    scroll down

keep scrolling