[lit-ideas] Irandy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 21:15:14 -0600

Whoa!  Irene Cassidy is THE "close the borders! hurry, hurry, the Mexicans are
coming, the Mexicans are coming, close the borders!" Amago?!   Holy Manoly!  I
always thought there was something a little strange about Andy, but I couldn't
quite put my finger on it.  Welcome back, Irene!  Or should I call you Irandy
since you're persisting in going by your alter ego.  I've wondered about you
many times over the past year -- as I've wondered about many listers of old (at
first I wrote old listers, but now that I know you're a woman, I dast not say
that : ) )  I, too, found Stone's apology interesting.  Interesting, too, that
I felt no compunctions about anything I said to Andy, some that I likely would
have tempered had I known Andy was of the female persuasion -- sexism?  Of
course, but mostly of the Southern persuasion, wherein we gallants (French
pronunciation) go out of our way to protect females from knowing of our lustful
motives until we've got them alone and it's too late for them to cry out.  Ah,
but I have more grievous sins than that to fret over.  And never you mind what
they are.

Well, I'm glad you're back, Irene, I always enjoyed your posts and your
perspectives on life.  Andy has proven less shy than you.  I wondered what job
the sonofabitch had that he could watch the History channel all day and post
all night.  Now I know!

My apologies to Walter O. for leaving him out of the list of hated philosophers.

My begrudging congratulations to Eric Yost.  If you find yourself on a list of
hated writers by me, take it as a great compliment.

Where is John McCreery?  Or should I ask who's been posting as him all these
years?

Where is Jaime Ferguson?  Was that really Robert Paul?  Enquiring minds want to
know.

And yes, I am Erin's manservant.  So what?  I prefer the term Footman, but it's
all the same.  I have the key to the wine cellar.  That's all that matters.

Must get back to work.

Mike Geary
or maybe ----    scroll down

keep scrolling