[lit-ideas] Re: Inner Moral :Law

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:18:05 +0900

On 2005/08/05, at 18:12, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Okay. I give. I plead extreme stress as cause of my recent accident and my Mother's cancer. I cannot for the life of me imagine or think what "lk" is. Exactly *how* ignorant that is, I don't know yet. Some kind soul clue me in?

"Ik" is the name of an African people studied by the anthropologist Colin Turnbull. His study _The Mountain People_ depicts one of the world's most dysfunctional societies, one which is very close indeed to Hobbes' war of all against all.

John McCreery