[lit-ideas] Re: Inner Moral Law

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:54:00 -0500

You knew I couldn't keep out of this discussion forever, didn't cha? Just had to keep going.

Andy is right, he just says it all wrong. When Andy says "what works is true", he doesn't mean 'true', he means 'works'. What works works. That's all one can say. And Phil is right, it doesn't have to work for any blithering millennia, or even for anyone else but oneself. It works, goddamnit!, it works. That's all any of us can say. Fascism works. So does democracy. So does Republican, greed-driven, militaristic, war-mongering evil. It works to keep getting the bastards elected. That's not an editorial comment, by the way, I'm just uses them to point out that some of these political thingies work for a long time, some less so. Oh, please, please, please, dear God, make Republicanism 'less so'. What works works. Truth shmruth. Centralized economies worked for awhile. Pulled Russia out of feudalism within 50 years, then it didn't work so well. Things change. America seems ready to abandon democracy for theocratic fascism -- don't you just love the irony of our war on Islamic extremists? -- democracy worked for us for awhile, now it seems on the way out. Why? Things change, hey, what can I say? The sooner Andy erases the word 'true' and all its cognates from his vocabulary, the better off he'll be. The Inner Moral Law, as Veronica's most recent post testifies, is nothing more than what your mama taught you. Take the umbrella to the lost and found, like a good boy and I'll love you even more, take the $300,000 dollars also. But if your mother smacked you for giving back the $1 you saw someone drop, "dumb ass", then honesty doesn't work so well. You know that. I know that. The American people know that. So you go, Andy, just clean up your argument. Never ever, ever, ever use the word 'truth' again. Nor justice, nor beauty, nor good, nor freedom, nor Christianity, nor Western Civilization, nor any other kind non-definable noun. Tell us about your mother. That's the closest to truth you'll ever come.

Mike Geary
the Conscience Of My Race -- uh, yes, Memphis, so what?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>