[lit-ideas] Re: Inner Moral Law

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:24:06 -0400

A.A. His way works to do what?

> Andy again:
>
> "How that thing works is the morality."
>
> Andy has it assbackwards.  Morality is the principle.  How it works out
> is the cultural bit.  'Do not harm the other' is the moral principle.
> Whether capital punishment fits this principle is the cultural part.
> That is, one can argue whether capital punishment is moral or not
> because there is a question whether it fits the principle.  Does
> abortion fit the constitution or not?  This is a question of whether it
> has a place within the moral framework.  Again, Andy is terribly
> confused on this point.

A.A. Phil, so be it.  I'm terribly confused and you're absolutely right.
Not a problem.  I would, however, like to know what Bush has done so well.
Are you referring to bending over backwards to protect embryos while
blowing away 25,000 people and making lots and lots of room for al Qaeda?
He did that great, I agree.  Regarding pharma, hey, buddy, they're all
yours.

Andy Amago