[lit-ideas] Re: India's fondness for America

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:51:19 -0000

Then, let's look instead at this piece of palpable nonsense

It's shocking to read something like that when one is
communicating primarily with Leftists who assure us that there is
but one "failed state," and that is the U.S.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

it might be if there were any evidence whatsoever that anyone on
this list
thought there was "but one 'failed state'" and that that was the
US.  But of course,
there is not.

and as for this

 But it is sobering also, because one tends to forget that the
U.S. is a Liberal Democracy.  The U.S. advocates and encourages
freedom of all sorts.  We forget that those who oppose the U.S.
do not like Liberal Democracy.  They like some form of
totalitarianism instead.

I think it proper to ask, of whom do you speak?  If you have in
mind "the leftists" here,
then, this is both palpable nonsense and a calumny.