[lit-ideas] Re: India's fondness for America

  • From: "Alex Jorgensen" <bangdrum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:41:31 +0800

Ironically enough, and I currently reside in China, I spent about four months of this year in India. A rich, rich place - so many contrasts, as you know - and while many Indians are worried about China, as you say, I didn't leave with feeling that there was the kind of ambition required to check, as they say, China's advance. To be honest, most Chinese individuals do not seem to have much respect for either India or Indians (and have been working hard to remove once needed high-tech people from their companies).

I do think India has a very crucial role to play in the region - that it is imperative for India to advance, perhaps, more steadily and at a far quicker rate than it seems to be doing so (from my vantage).

AJ

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/