[lit-ideas] Re: Inaugural Poetry

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:44:58 -0500

<This poem makes me feel wonderful.  And I need it.>

I didn't add, and thought I didn't need to, that I liked it so much because it isn't true. And I am overwhelmed with reality of various sorts, almost all bad. So it is sort of like a fairy tale. I also see movies for children, frequently in cartoon form, for the same reason.

The most recent was "Bolt." Happy ending, of course. It's what I expected and respect the artistry that goes into it.
To balance out the really serious stuff like, "The Reader."

Veronica Caley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donal McEvoy" <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>