[lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

"South of that border is a corrupt and ineffective government run by President
Vicente Fox, who has no apparent incentive to control the flow of drugs being
shipped from Mexico into the United States and every incentive to continue the
exportation of illegal aliens into this country."

North of that border is a corrupt and ineffective government run by President
George W. Bush who has no apparent intelligence nor incentive to control the
flow of flood waters into New Orleans nor of drungs being shipped from Mexico
into the United State and every incentive to continue the importation of
illegal aliens into this country.

"This year, in fact, remittances back to Mexico from the estimated 20 million
Mexican citizens living in the United States, most of them illegally, surpassed
oil as Mexico's No. 1 source of foreign revenue."

So?  If you cut off that source of revenue do you think that will improve the
situation in Mexico and pump up America?  I don't follow.

"In the United States, an obscene alliance of corporate supremacists, desperate
labor unions, certain ethnocentric Latino activist organizations and a majority
of our elected officials in Washington works diligently to keep our borders
open, wages suppressed and the American people all but helpless to resist the
crushing financial and economic burden created by the millions of illegal
aliens who crash our borders each year."

Crock of shit.  Show your cards, Jack.

"The truth is that U.S. immigration policy is a tragic joke at the expense of
hard-working middle-class Americans."

Bullshit!  Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.  Immigration policy is a farce to
further enrich rich farmers and placate hard-working middle-class Americans
with cheap produce and chickens.

"The American people want our borders secure, want our immigration laws
enforced and want those who hire illegal aliens both punished and held liable
for the economic and social costs of breaking our laws."

Do you really think that's what the American people want????  Are they willing
to pay higher produce prices and chicken prices?  Give me a break.  Americans
will stop shopping at Walmart first.  And that only after hell freezes over.

"We are a nation of immigrants, and there is no more diverse and welcoming
society than ours. But we are first a nation of laws, and upholding those laws
and our national values makes this great country of ours possible."

Bring in the violins followed by the marching bands.

"Reform begins with the truth. And our elected officials must begin to
recognize the reality that a war on terror and war on drugs can be won only by
securing our borders and that any reform of our immigration policies must begin
first at the front line of the crisis: our border with Mexico."

Oh, yes, let's lump the Mexicans and Hispanics in with the terrorists.  Hell,
let's build an Israeli-like wall around this country.  Or better yet, invade
Mexico.   Find those Weapons of Mass Immigration and destroy them.   Look,
guys, it'd be cheaper in the long run to make Mexico our 51st state.  Then all
the paranoids would have to find some other one to blame their troubles on.

First Mexico, then Canada.

Mike Geary
Memphis
almost America