[lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:09:21 -0400

Andreas: The anti-immigrant crowd is strongly opposed to higher taxes and more government.

___

Eric: Andreas is absolutely right in the particulars of the status quo.

Yet Andreas is wrong to conflate the "anti-immigrant" crowd with the "anti-illegal immigrant crowd." Many of my closest friends are here on visas or are applying for citizenship. They did it legally. They unanimously want other immigrants to arrive here legally. One my friends, here on a J1 visa, believes that Americans are destroying themselves by tolerating illegal immigration. Furthermore, all prefer higher taxes and more government.