[lit-ideas] Re: Il Y A Personne

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:12:20 -0500

SHJ:
It strike me that the French use 'person' as a mass-noun, as Americans use
'sugar'. ("Much sugar").

I assume you mean sugar as in Kitty Wells song:

Sugar in the morning sugar in the evening sugar at suppertime
Be my little sugar and love me all the time
Honey in the morning honey in the evening honey at suppertime
Be my little honey and love me all the time
Now sugar time is anytime cause you're near
Don't you roam just be my honeycomb we'll live in a heaven of bliss
Sugar in the morning...
[ piano ]
(Be my little honey and love me all the time)
[ guitar ]
(Be my little honey and love me all the time)
Now sugar time is anytime...
Sugar in the morning sugar in the evening sugar at suppertime
Be my little sugar and love me all the time

Mike Geary
Memphis
where life is sweet
potato pie