[lit-ideas] Re: I don't know.

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:22:39 -0500

Mike Geary wrote:

. . . . How did a city in the South ever become the number one Sin City in the the USA -- much more so than Las Vegas, I think. NO 's sin was recognized as sin, LV decided to call it fun. But sin is always more fun than fun, so sin wins the fun game.

It's the French! I know a couple of people in France who emailed condolences; they recognize that New Orleans is the symbol of how to live a relaxed, happy life as opposed to a driven, miserable American life. Without French New Orleans the rest of America will be even more self-destructive and obsessed.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be
explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx
Forest Park, IL, USA