[lit-ideas] Re: How to Label Your Course: 10 Suggestions and Examples

Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

I propose we submit titles for courses we (or Geary) may teach,

and provide courses that would be otherwise appealing,
targeting the right target, and perhaps not too offensive
How about any of these?

Battlestar Gallactica and Philosophy, Bruce Springsteen and Philosophy, Johnny Cash and Philosophy, Pink Floyd and Philosophy, Quentin Tarantino and Philosophy, The Space of Love and Garbage, The Philosophy of Michael Dummett, Hitchcock and Philosophy, The Grateful Dead and Philosophy, South Park and Philosophy, Bob Dylan and Philosophy, The Beatles and Philosophy, Bullshit and Philosophy, James Bond and Philosophy, The Undead and Philosophy, Harley-Davidson and Philosophy, Monty Python and Philosophy, Poker and Philosophy, U2 and Philosophy, The Atkins Diet and Philosophy, The Chronicles of Narnia and Philosophy, Hip Hop and Philosophy, Star Wars and Philosophy, Superheroes and Philosophy, More Matrix and Philosophy

The texts for these courses are already ready, from Open Court Publishing Company. For this list, see here:

http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=s-2441&maxhits=100&keywords=philosophy+and&go=Search

"Never attribute to malice that which can be,, explained by incompetence and ignorance.", ,, -------------------------------------------------
John Wager, , , , ,  john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
, , , , , , , , , , , , Lisle, IL, USA