[lit-ideas] How to Draw a Crowd

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:55:09 -0000

Seems to me you've got a problem over there in drawing a crowd together. I
suppose it must be result of insufficient history or something.

Take Luton Town Football Club. Bottom of the football league on a grand total
of zero points, at their last match away to Darlington they managed to draw a
crowd numbering something around 3,000. Can you imagine such numbers? They had
to round it down there were so many.

I mean, what hope is there for you over there when the new boss manages to
gather together a few hundred on a side street.

You know, if it would help, we'd be happy enough to bring you back under our
wing. I suppose we might let a couple of you vote since that seems to mean so
much.

Just don't think about drinking our tea!

Simon