[lit-ideas] Re: Honor? Charles Taylor anyone?

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 23:48:00 +0900

Lawrence,

Please don't be put off. If nothing else, it should be fun (and a bit
of relief) to indulge in close reading of a philosophical work not
directly implicated in our political controversies. In the process we
may get to know each other at least a bit better than political
stereotypes allow. Have I mentioned,by the way,  that I enjoy your
poetry? I am still haunted by those "white flags rising..."

John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN

US CITIZEN ABROAD?
THROW THE RASCALS OUT!