[lit-ideas] Re: Hoho

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:27:32 -0330

I tell ya, you can do a PhD dissertation on almost anything these days.

I forgot to mention that our dog, Laika, is fluently bilingual: she goes
"bow-wow" and sometimes "gav-gav."

Walter O.

P.S. If a dog barks in the forest and there's nobody around to hear it, is she
barking? In which language? (Robert Brandom is loving this!)

P.P.S. If a tree falls on a philosopher in the forest, does anybody care? (My
students' version.)

P.P.P.S. Shoot, I thought I had something on Witter's talking lion, but I now
forgets.