[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens on Moore's flick

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 30 Jun 2004 22:34:12 PDT

>It's not an accusation. Clinton did it as surely as he pardoned Mark Rich.<

If I were evaluating the fairness of accusations against Clinton, I  would be
somewhat diffident about appealing to the National Review for evidence.

Andy's earlier response had the merit of pointing out that this charge has no
serious legs. (What happened and what is said by such national policy experts as
Rush Limbaugh to have happened, pass each other by.) Where was the story when
the ho-hum renewal of Clinton-bashing occasioned by his book sputtered and died
a few days ago? Where are the Chinese MIRVs? Where are the corporate heads at
Motorola, who apparently behaved with traitorous duplicity just to sell a few
pieces of obsolete junk and a few code manuals (if indeed these ever went to the
Chinese)? Reading National Review and stirring their martinis, I'll wager.

Eric would have us believe that the National Review piece is just one of many
sources of this curiously truncated story. Indeed, it is the only one traceable
to a real address.

Robert Paul
The Reed Institute