[lit-ideas] Re: Hezbollah

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:44:26 -0500

Veronica Caley wrote:

"You went to a site and found out that Hezbollah is no longer acceptable
in Canada.  As you can see above, I said it was acceptable until.....
etc. "

No, what I did was show that Canada has, since 11 December, 2002,
considered Hezbollah a terrorist organization.  Veronica's prejudice is
to claim that before then, Canada considered Hezbollah acceptable, and
that it is on the list only because a Jewish group spoke up.  What
Veronica needs to show is evidence that Canada, in some official form,
accepted Hezbollah before that date.  Perhaps Veronica could point us
towards some awards or such that the Canadian government bestowed on
Hezbollah functionaries?  Also, the 'Entities List' is not a whimsical
roll that is added to because some pressure group speaks up.  Perhaps
Veronica could point us towards the evidence for lobbying pressure?  I
look forward to whatever facts Veronica might provide us, since as a
Canadian I have something at stake in such claims.  And I am sure that
Veronica would not toss such accusations around without facts to back
them up.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON