[lit-ideas] Hezbollah

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:16:20 -0500

 Phil: "But Veronica shouldn't let facts get in the way of a perfectly good
prejudice."

Veronica said, "And why was Hezbollah acceptable in the great country of Canada
until Jewish groups protested it? "  The operative word here is 'UNTIL'

You went to a site and found out that Hezbollah is no longer acceptable in
Canada.  As you can see above, I said it was acceptable until..... etc.
Please see the article below.   When you have read it, the second link (very
short) listed at the bottom is a B'nai B'rith press release.   This basically
tells what I said in the original mail.  Also, if you are up on Middle East
history, you will see at the end of the first article that Lebanon was being
ruled by Syria.

My thanks to Paul Stone for asking for evidence politely.  I am happy to
provide it.  This article was new to me and very educational.  I did not know
what a hassle it was to actually get rid of Hezbollah.  All I heard was one or
two sentences on rhe CBC at the time of the event on a nightly news program
called
The National.  I try to catch this very often as I found this to be one of the
best places to find out what is really happening in the rest of the world.

Veronica

http://www.meib.org/articles/0301_l3.htm

http://www.bnaibrith.ca/press5/pr-021129-57.html

 Veronica Caley