[lit-ideas] Re: Here's a useful word for the list....

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:41:09 -0330

A concept can't be true. Only statements, judgments have a truth value. Concepts
can be useful, coherent, possessing wider extension than another concept,
lesser intension than another, inspiring, noble, sublime, motivationally
ert/inert. They can't be physically extended or coloured, are odourless, are
not possessed in coherent form by any member of the American Reublican or
Canadian Conservative party, and they don't taste good with leg of lamb with
rosemary and sage (isn't there a song like that?) So I go "We should, like
y'know, care for language and thought as we do for the planet and our own
souls, or sumptin like that." And then she goes: "Yeah, whatever." Like, you
know what I mean? Like, get a life.

Realizing that most of the students who will appear in my undergrad classes
tomorrow were born when or after I turned thirty (and still trustable).
Your friendly neighbourhood baby boomer, Walter

No, I sat out Woodstock. Not the camping type.

Quoting JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx:

_http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060107/ap_on_re_us/word_contest;_ylt=AgPL.9_DHnQ