[lit-ideas] Re: Here's a new spin on preventative medicine

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:21:53 -0700 (PDT)

Responding to Robert Paul first, if one says only statements, etc. exist in a
true/false context, we eliminate a huge chunk of mindedness, i.e. nearly all of
life.&nbsp; A tree has mindedness.&nbsp; It knows how to turn the sun into
life,&nbsp;how to grow leaves, how to get water, and on and on.&nbsp; It lives
in the same realm of electrical and chemical impulses and communication within
itself and with its environment that we do, and every bit as sophisticated as
we are.&nbsp; And it's far more intelligent, since it doesn't destroy the
environment it lives in.&nbsp; To limit truth/falsity to concrete statements
and concrete things is to&nbsp;say that humans are such a reduced species.
&nbsp;
As far as&nbsp;VR, VR is electrical and chemical signals as well, only very
primitive compared to life.&nbsp; And love needs to be defined, preferably
obliterated from the language.&nbsp; Love&nbsp;causes so much trouble because
it's&nbsp;about the lover, not the lovee.&nbsp;&nbsp;That's why it exists and
doesn't exist at the same time.&nbsp; The chemicals and electrical signals are
3D, concrete.&nbsp; What they produce is virtual reality.&nbsp; And to finish
off, like is about the likee, the other guy, not the liker, the self.&nbsp;
It's much more fun to be liked than to be loved.

&nbsp;
From: wokshevs@xxxxxx &lt;wokshevs@xxxxxx&gt;
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eric Yost"
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 5:04 PM

Quoting Eric Yost mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx&gt;:

snip

&gt; Simultaneously true and false!

But not in the same respect - as the Macedonian philosopher was wont to say. No
statement can be both true and false in the same sense, including this one.

--
Mail.com Autos - Powered by Oncars.com: Drive By Today!