[lit-ideas] Re: Happy Birthday Mike!

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:42:17 -0600

AA:

Today is also James Joyce's birthday. But everybody knows that.

Yes, it is, but he's got nothing, child, on me.  Just you wait.

It's also the anniversary of the death of Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols. Wow! Wish I cared.

Thanks to Erin and Ursula for the greetings. Erin did call me at 4:00 am. Actually it was 3:26:18 am, her time (or so says my phone). I didn't wake to answer the phone, thank God, but she left a message, rather, they left a message -- ever heard a midnight choir singing Happy Birthday? ever heard it at 7 in the morning? before coffee? It ain't pretty. But it was fun. I had to laugh. I'm glad I'm still alive.

62nd BIRTHDAY POEM

The only thing that disappoints
is a persistent pain in the joints.
Freed by age of the need to succeed,