[lit-ideas] Re: Guppy

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:51:41 +0000 (GMT)

My TV stopped working a couple of days ago. I, too,
have a second TV, a small one; and at first the
digital receiver worked with it, then, it stopped too.
 So, I had to listen to the Wizard of Oz -- it was on
the only non-digital channel that's dodgy on some
TVs...
I foresee a mournful Christmas... (I find it hard to
believe the city will close down, but the
neighbourhood gives every sign of doing just that,
because, I suppose, of the two-Sunday thing.

It's freezing-fog-type weather here, but not actually
freezing yet.

Judy
--- david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2005, at 5:13 PM, Robert Paul wrote:
>

> > Robert Paul
> > waiting for freezing rain,
> > south of Reed College
>
> With snow on the ground, the house weel-thrashen by
> the wind, the
> power out, a smoking fire in the grate, cheese,
> apples and champagne
> on hand, we listened to "The Wizard of Oz," while
> waiting nature
> out.  By "listened," I mean that one of the girls
> remembered there
> was a battery-operated T.V. somewhere in the house.
> Who knew we
> owned two teles?
>
> When I held on to the antenna, the girls were able
> to see occasional
> images, but for the most part we just listened.  As
> sound drama, the
> Wizard is good... especially by candlelight.

Yahoo! Exclusive Xmas Game, help Santa with his celebrity party -
http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/