[lit-ideas] Re: Greek To Me

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:05:28 -0700

But you'll grant that Janny Parker is not a native speaker of Greek. So what does SHE know?

I doubt that anyone is much surprised that she isn't a speaker of Homeric Greek, or the Greek later spoken by Plato and Aristotle. Whether she speaks Zorbian is unclear.

'justice', fate, chance
are NOT greek Terms. it's DIKE, MOIRA and KHAOS.

Thanks for the tip. While we're at it, let me point out that 'happiness' is not a Greek term either.

Robert Paul,
preparing for the Great Northwest single malt tasting, in Boring, Oregon.