[lit-ideas] Great Gatsby

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:49:50 -0500

Just want to say, sorry about all these durn typos.  ("got too late last
[night] to finish it").  The problem is, in part, that as fast as my fingers
are (and they're pretty fast), my head is faster.  Then when I proofread, I
read what's in my head, not what's on the page.  I don't know how you people do
it, your posts are usually so flawless ...
Anyway, tonight's movie (an extra movie this week, Bill had a day off) is The
Great Gatsby.  Don't know how close it is to the book.  I know Fitzgerald was a
very unhappy person, he died young at 44.  No doubt there's a touch of Felini
in the isolation cloaked in partying of the American gliterati, Modern period.
Isolation springs eternal.